Monday, May 12, 2008

Hey it's me...Martha!

Ok, so I made my first attempt at being the baker I never was (and I am still far from it)! I am pretty proud of myself, however. I made Morgan her very own monkey cake for her monkey themed birthday party! It turned out pretty cute if I do say so myself! Well, okay, the second one. The first one was a little scary, but here is the final:
And here are a few shots from the party. Morgan had a great time. It snowed the morning of the party and I was a little nervous about all the kids in the house, but everything went really well and I think that everyone had a great time. Morgan got some really cute gifts-a couple of those being monkey things. This is a shot of Morgan looking at her friend Heath I am sure wanting to express the importance of knowing that these gifts are HERS! While we are pretty good at sharing, we are also in fact 2! Here is a shot I got of Morgan while everyone was singing "Happy Birthday" to her. She apparently starts to enjoy it after you sing it to her enough times. I believe that was about the 74th time it was sung to her that week!

And if you are wondering why there are no pictures of Skylar it is because slept the ENTIRE time of the party! Really! No one could believe it-a few people went up just to check on her a couple of times, but she must have known that Morgan needed the spotlight that day and not her! And the whole spotlight because, did I mention, she is 2! And taking on the responsibilities that go right along with it! It is really terrible-terribly wonderful most of the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morgan is just adorable!! You did a great job on her cake...how cute is that! We have a picture of Matt holding Morgan when she was about a month old, does time fly or what? Love you all!