Monday, August 11, 2008

a "priceless" moment

As I sit here at my computer listening to my daughters laugh at each other from their respective beds I am reminded of a list I made a couple of days ago.

Well, the day was Thursday August 7th. I was 28 +1 and thought I was going to very well loose my mind the day before, so Thursday I attempted to take a different approach to life and I made a list of the things that made me crazy so that I could maybe get a chuckle instead of pulling my hair out. Now that I am 28 +1 I have to think about things such as these and I do not want to loose my hair-it's bad enough I may loose my mind!



The number of wet, stinky, smelly diapers changed: 12
The number of times Morgan went pee-pee on the big potty: 6
The number of times Mommy had to dance around the house as if on hallucinagens celebrating the successes of the potty: 6
The number of accidents Morgan had on the floor: 1
The number of times Morgan asked me, "Mommy, what are you doing?": 86
Being able to stay home to participate and document these funny occassions: priceless



Now, there are a few things to be said of each of these moments. Well, okay not really each one-we don't need to talk about all of the stinky wet nasty diapers I had to change. end of discussion there. But 6 times going pee pee on the potty-not bad! And that was in a matter of about 4 hours. Only one accident in 4 hours is pretty good, but the one accident-I think she was storing that one up just for me-she's like a camel that one. And Bryan made a comment the other day about this woman on T.V. making an absolute fool of herself just to make her kids laugh at her and here was his reply, "Oh, my God-can you imagine having to do that everyday?" Much to his suprise he got quite an earfull!!! Hello! McFly...what the heck do you think I do all day? I do not very well sit around in my diamond earrings and little black dress awaiting your arrival. I am pretty sure that as the words escaped from his mouth he took a deep breath in trying to get them back, but sounds travels faster than your brain can filter sometimes. Hallucinogens...maybe, but it is definately worth a good belly laugh from your babies to act like a fool sometimes!


And, oh, my we have not gotten to the "why" phase of toddler-hood, but what we are at right now is quite possibly just as annoying-if you will. "Mommy, what are you doing?" "Mommy, what are you doing?" Anyone else experience this? Whoa! You have to just laugh and hope they grow out of it fast!

And here is a cute picture we took the other day when Morgan wanted to hold Skylar. Skylar is really busy now and did not love the fact that her sister was restraining her, but we had to act fast and snap a picture-it was too cute.

No comments: