Thursday, February 21, 2008

Is it just me...

Is it just me or is everyone in a constant struggle to be smarter than their children? Example: We were standing at the top of the stairs and I was holding my two month old daughter Skylar. We needed to go downstairs so we could get dinner ready. I told my oldest daughter Morgan to come down with me and she replied "carry me." As I already was holding a small person I could not carry another. So I replied, "no you are a big girl, you can go down the stairs by yourself." To which she replied, "hug me mommy, hug me." So here I am thinking that my daughter loves me so much that she wants to give me a big hug. Well, much to my surprise I bend over to give her a hug and she wraps her arms around my neck and will not let go! "Downstairs!" she says. "Dinner mommy!"
Well, I guess for the moment my daughter has out-smarted me! Not just another cute face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait until they get older and are in school and want you to help them with their math homework. Currently I don't believe that I would pass the 5th grade math even though I was a math major in school.

Sneatcher said...

They are not silly no matter how young they are lol I;m surprised we can still see through all that wool thats over our eyes

Amanda